The Anchor in the Storm

 The Daily Journal Post

The Wind and Waves Obey Jesus

Matthew 8:23-27

23 Jesus got into a boat. His followers followed Him.
24 At once a bad storm came over the lake. The waves were covering the boat.             Jesus was sleeping. 
25 His followers went to Him and called, “Help us, Lord, or we will die!” 
26 He said to them, “Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!” Then He 
     stood up. He spoke sharp words to the wind and the waves. Then the
     wind stopped blowing. 
27 Then men were surprised and wondered about it. They said, “What kind of
     a man is He? Even the winds and the waves obey Him.”



Bible References: Mark 4:39
("He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, 'Quiet! Be still!' Then the wind died down, and it was completely calm.")

"Life often feels like an unpredictable sea. One moment the waters are calm, and the next, a sudden billow of worry, unexpected expenses, or health concerns threatens to capsize us.
When the disciples were caught in the storm, Jesus was resting. They panicked, but He spoke three simple words to the chaos: 'Quiet! Be still.' Today, Jesus is speaking those same words over your racing thoughts, your family, your academics, your businesses, and your future. The storm in your life does not have the final say; the Savior does.  Hallelujah.
Activation Prayer: Lord, when the waves of life rise, help me fix my eyes on You. I receive Your peace today. Speak to my anxious heart and calm the storm. Amen.
I hope you're blessed as you read this article.
"Are you born again? If you've not received Jesus Christ into your life, now is the time.
Say this Prayer of Salvation: 'Dear God, I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins and rose again. I am sorry for my wrongs, and I turn away from them. Come into my heart, Jesus, and be the Lord of my life. Thank you for saving me and giving me a new life.' Amen."
If you just prayed that prayer from your heart, congratulations, welcome to the family of God! Your past is forgiven, and a beautiful new journey has begun.

    Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are                 passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

We would love to walk alongside you. Please reach out to us through our contact page or leave a comment below so we can pray for you, send you a free digital Bible, and help you take your next steps in faith.



























Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Leaving the Old Life Behind"